Hiatus…

By in August 21, 2011 • Filed in: News

Hello visitors,

I wanted to inform you that I most likely won’t be able to update the site for the next few weeks. The past couple of days, I had been attempting to nurse a leg injury. I was going to inform everyone here before I began my self-imposed bed-rest, but I figured I’d be back in a few days, and there would be no need. Yesterday, however, I visited the doctor and he informed me that (though minor it may be) the leg is actually fractured…

As soon as the doctor clears me, and says it’s no longer necessary to consistently elevate my leg, I’ll be back with many an update! :D (I’m hoping to be back before September, but I’ve never broken a bone before, so I don’t really know what I’m in for…)

8 Responses to “Hiatus…”

1. Comment by rodc in 21 August 2011 @ 8:41 am

Sorry to hear that m8, hope all goes well. Ms Byrne is most likely wanting to dip back below the radar again for a while by about now anyway.
    She had hell of a year:)
    All the best
    Rod.

2. Comment by Clarisse in 21 August 2011 @ 1:12 pm

Get well soon Dann (:

3. Comment by ML in 22 August 2011 @ 12:03 am

That’s such a shame about your leg, Dann. I hope it heals quickly and that you don’t get too stir crazy over the next several weeks. Take care. ♡

4. Comment by Priscilla in 22 August 2011 @ 8:45 pm

Hope you’re leg heals up soon. Can’t wait for the new updates when you’re back on your feet :D

5. Comment by rodc in 1 September 2011 @ 4:01 am

How you doing Dann, hope all is as well as can be. :)

6. Comment by Dann in 8 September 2011 @ 4:16 am

Thank you all so much for the well wishes! It really means a lot! :)

I’m so incredibly happy to announce that I’m back!

I’ve got the leg in a funny looking ‘medical’ boot-shoe now, and it’s doing a lot better these days. I was told by the doctor to keep off it as much as possible for at least two weeks, and I have done so. (And it was the two most boring weeks of my life…) At times my mind was so convinced that something wrong had happened to the site that I was almost going insane. Luckily, my cousin visited me several times while I was banished to my room because he has a nifty cell phone with internet access (while I had neither for what seemed like forever) and I was able to keep an eye on the site, and make sure everything was in ship-shape. Now I’m just supposed to keep it in the boot, limit movement, and elevate the limb as often as I can, so I took that instruction as a green light to be able to use the computer again.

Thanks again for all the lovely comments!
    -Dann