Australian actress Rose Byrne was born and raised in Balmain, suburb of Sydney, New South Wales. Her real name is Mary Rose Byrne. She was born on 24 July 1979. She made her screen debut from an Australian movie called ‘Dallas doll’ at the age of 15. During the 1990’s, She appeared in various Australian TV Shows or Soap Operas like Heartbreak high (1994), Echo point (1995), and Wildside (1997).
- The Australian born actress Rose Bryne worked as guest appearance in TV show Heartbreak high in 1994.
- After that, she worked in an Australian soap opera Echo point(1995) produced by Southern Star Group for network Ten in which she played the role of Belinda O’Connor very efficiently. The story of the series revolves around the several families and teenagers of a beautiful coastal community and the people whose lives are connected with each other like a tapestry where revealing secrets of one’s life can unravel the secrets of another person. The long unsolved local murder case mystery gained the audience’s interest in the series. If we sum up everything, the aussie drama Echo point is all about beautiful faces, passion, romance, lies, dark secrets, mysteries, and intrigue.
- In 1997, Byrne’s excellent performance as Heidi Benson in a police procedural television series Wildside caught everyone’s attention. Wildside was created by Michael Jenkins and Ben Gannon and broadcasted by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation during that time. The series won many awards like Most Outstanding Miniseries or Movie Made for Television, Best Mini-Series or Telefeature etc.
- Talking about her other TV shows, she appeared in a British television comedy drama serial Casanova in 2005. In 3-episode Casanova series, Byrne played a role of young kitchen maid, Edith, who works in the same castle in which the narrator or main character (Giacomo Casanova) of the serial works. In this serial, 70 year old Casanova narrates his life story to Edith (Rose byrne) and In the end she was the one who let Casanova know that the love of his life is coming to meet him, which indeed meant death. Her character in Casanova was small yet very effective because her character brought a positive or happy ending to the story through her dialogues.
- After Casanova, she worked in a 5-season legal thriller American series Damages created by Daniel Zelman, Glenn Kessler, and Todd A. Kessler in 2007. She played the role of a young and highly committed lawyer Ellen parsons. Her character and acting was perfect. The series earned four nominations at the 65th Golden Globe Awards, including Rose Byrne for her supporting role. Damages also won four Emmy Awards, a Golden Globe, a Casting Society of America Award, and a Satellite Award which was a great achievement for the whole team of damages series.
- In 2016, Byrne again appeared in a Australian comedy tv series No Activity(Season 2) as Elizabeth,written and directed by Trent O’Donnell. This comedy series lets Byrne show her comedic acting talent since the actress is already into comedy characters like the one she played in her famous classic movie Bridesmaid in 2011. She has done the adorable job in this series too for which she was appreciated well by her fans.
- In 2020, she again appeared in an American drama television mini series Mrs. America created by Dahvi Waller about the political movement to pass the Equal Rights Amendment. Rose byrne played the role of Gloria Steinem, a feminist activist is one of the main characters of the show. The first three episodes of Mrs. America premiered on Hulu under the FX on Hulu label on April 15, 2020. In India, the series started streaming on Hulu and Disney+ Hotstar on April 16, 2020. The show is immensely loved and supported by the tv show fans.The mini series holds an approval rating of 95% based on 81 reviews, with an average rating of 8.26/10 on rotten tomatoes. Rose Byrne as Gloria Steinem was loved and appreciated by the audience for her outstanding performance in the mini series.